Tango Mango Salsa- SUPER QUICK + SUPER EASY PEASY

Monday, October 13, 2014
Fish Tacos don't happen in my house without some type of fresh salsa! 
I have tried making mango salsa a few times before following so many random recipes and something was never just right. Maybe it was the 'too many' ingredients I would add. Finally last night I didn't have a ton of time to mess around with different recipes and decided to just throw some salsa together [so just FYI...the measurements will not be exact in this recipe]...but boy let me tell you...sometimes...the simplest recipes DO turn out the BEST! 

Yields 2-3 servings

-Half of a ripe mango [chopped] 
-1/4 of a red onion [chopped very small]
-1/8 of a green jalapeño pepper [remove the seeds & chopped very finely]
-1/2 tablespoon of cilantro [washed, paper towel dried & finely chopped]
-1/8 of a orange bell pepper [chopped very small like the onion. Also, you can surely use a yellow red or green bell pepper but I had an orange one and also wanted to add another color to the salsa so I decided on the orange bell pepper!]
-Half to quarter of a lime [I used 1/4 of a lime but you can use more depending on your tastebuds!]
-Pinch of sugar [optional!...I didn't add it in this time because my mango was very sweet]
-Chopped [1/2] of an avocado [optional!...I didn't add it in this time because my hubs doesn't fancy avocados :( but I have before and they taste delish in this salsa!]

-Throw all ingredients in a bowl [like pic below]
-Squeeze out lime juice...mix...Waa-Laa! SOO EASY!! 

*This salsa taste freakin' delicious with fish tacos on a bed of dried cole slaw w/lime juice + Avocados omg! 




No comments:

Post a Comment