Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins- Diary Free + Flour Free = Guilt Free

Sunday, November 23, 2014

I promise, I am not a huge pumpkin freak lol...though it may seem that way because I have been incorporating it a lot this season. For a while now, I have had the urge to bake and eat something sweet (I don't really crave sweets though!) without feeling super guilty afterwards or throwing my hard work from my morning workout down the drain. Plus, with my new lifestyle change due to personal health, I can't have things with too much dairy, bleached flour, corn syrup, white sugar...SWEETNESS...basically all the goodness that's in store bought sweet treats...womp! womp! womp! My husband on the other hand can care less and will devour anything chocolate and sweet and most likely not feel guilty. To prevent him from making bad choices, I try not to bring home anything that contains too much nastiness in it & instead try to make alternatives to satisfy the sweet tooth. Ok maybe not all the time, but I'm trying! These pumpkin base muffin cakes using 100% maple syrup and dairy/soy-free chocolate chips def touched the spot! Give them a try! You won't regret them! xox- Nil

PS- I also made some Pumpkin-Apple muffin cakes with this batch but I'll post that recipe with a BIG apple recipe post I am working on using the apples I picked from an apple orchard a few weeks back! Coming soon, promise :)

What'ya Need:
-*Preheat oven 325 degrees F.
-3/4 cup of Pumpkin Puree (I used this one- Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin)
-1/2 to 1 cup of almond butter (So I used only 1/2 a cup and felt that my muffin cakes turned out a bit too soft because of too much pumpkin puree. So I suggest using a full 1 cup of almond butter!)
-1/3 cup of maple syrup (or a little less if you would like) I used 100% pure maple syrup. 
-1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder 
-1 teaspoon of baking SODA
-1 Egg (beaten)
-Dairy-Free mini chocolate chips (I used a small handful but you can use as much as you would like)
-Muffin tins + Coconut oil to rub in the tins or cupcake liners 



Step 1: Put the pumpkin puree, almond butter, maple syrup, egg, cinnamon powder, baking soda all in a large bowl. Mix slowly. 

Step 2: Fold in your chocolate chips. & also sprinkle some on top. *I actually spooned them in after the batter was in the muffin tins because I was making two different type of muffins. 

Step 3: Pop in the oven for about 30 minutes. If you use mini muffin tins then you will only leave them in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, just watch it so they don't burn. 

I love how they look like chocolate brownies!! :)

Step 4: Take out the oven, let cool completely before taking them out of the tin. Mine actually turned out a little too soft so I put them back in the oven for another 10 minutes but I think this problem can be solved if you use a little more almond butter than I did. I also refrigerated the leftovers in a tight container because I am afraid they will mold quicker if left out. 



Yum! Hope you try these flour-less, guilt-free, EASY treat! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment