Baked Sweet Potato Fries + FlavorGod Garlic Lovers Seasoning

Sunday, November 23, 2014

I made some baked chicken nuggets tonight for dinner [I will also blog those soon] & needed a simple side to pair the nuggets with. Since I had a bag of sweet potatoes in my fridge that I never made what I had anticipated to make last weekend [oops!], I decided to whip up these quick, light, & tasty fries inspired by CamilleStyles

What'ya need:
-3 small-medium sized sweet potatoes 
-A large bowl, Cutting board, a very sharp knife 
-Baking trey lined with aluminum foil
-2 tablespoon of olive oil 
-Cooking spray [I used olive oil spray]
-2 teaspoon of Tapioca Starch [Good alternative to corn starch]
-1/2 tablespoon of any seasoning [I used this low salt, gluten & sugar-free Flavor God Garlic Lovers Seasoning] You can also just sprinkle with light salt & black pepper or garlic salt/powder...or really any seasoning flavor you want your fries to be! :)

*Before anything, preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and move your lower oven rack to the 3rd section from bottom up.*

Step 1: Peel the sweet potatoes (I used 3 small sized) & cut them like fries. Put them in a bowl and fill up the bowl with water and let the potato strips soak for about 45 mins to an hour. 



Step 2: After the potatoes have been soaked in the water, wash them with cold water again and then dry them using a bunch of paper towels. [Sorry for the lack of picture for this step...I kinda forgot ;) ]

Step 3: Place the fries in a large gallon size zip-lock bag and toss in about 2 teaspoon of Tapioca Starch and shake...shake...shake! 

Step 4: Dump the tapioca starch coated fries in a bowl and drizzle in about 2 tablespoon of olive oil.


Step 5: Sprinkle in your seasonings [I sprinkled about 1/2 tablespoon]. (I usually enjoy black pepper and garlic salt/powder) but this time I decided to use one of my new seasonings [gluten free, low salt, no sugar] that I ordered recently by Flavor God. [I will do a review on these once I use them some more]. For the fries, I used the Garlic Lover's Seasoning

Step 6: Mix, mix mix! Mix it good :) 

Step 7: Spray a foil-lined trey with olive oil and spread out the fries. Make sure you don't over crowd the little guys on one trey. 

Step 8: Pop the trey in the oven for about 15 minutes. Take out, shake/mix up a little and put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes (Or skip this 2nd step if you are happy with the way the 15 mins cooked the fries) *I put them back for another 15 minutes and had a bunch of burnt fries :( So had to do another batch and for the 2nd batch, I only put them in the oven for 15 minutes and that was it.


*Left- Burnt ones & Right- Second non-burnt batch*

Step 9: Enjoy with some ketchup or as is. You can also season these with any other seasoning you like [during step 5]. 


I hope you give these a try. They are very easy and taste yummy! I liked them so much that I can't wait to play around with different flavors to season these fries with! xox-Nil





No comments:

Post a Comment