Oh-So-Loaded (guilt-free) Sweet Potato Nachos

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Recently, I was craving some deep friend tortilla chip nachos so bad, but, I have certain fitness goals that I am working very hard towards and unfortunately, the traditional crispy-fried nachos do not make the #abgoals cut. But, I also believe that it is important to find balance in our fitness journey, so my form of balance consisted of these savory...delicious...bursting with flavor: Loaded Sweet Potato "nachos". These turned out to be a dream come true for my (and hubby's) taste buds. The best part was that when I decided to make these, I remembered that I had leftover chicken from the Cilantro Lime Chicken tacos we had the other night...score!

Also, fun fact: Sweet potatoes are considered to have a lower glycemic index vs regular white potatoes so they tend to sustain energy levels because they digest more slowly. These were a perfect pick-me-up after a vigorous #LegDay I had at the gym the other day.

I hope you give this recipe a try because I know you will love it!


What You'll Need:
(To season Sweet Potatoes)
-2 large sweet potatoes
-Sea Salt
-Black Pepper
-Garlic Powder
-Olive Oil

(To Add Toppings)
-Half an Avocado
-Chopped Sweet Onion
-Chopped Tomato
-Cilantro
-Corn
-Chicken-Taco style (I used leftover lime chicken taco chicken)

(Sauce)
-1 Cup Spinach
-2 Tablespoon Greek Yogurt
-pinch of sea salt
-pinch of black pepper
-1 Tablespoon minced Garlic
-Food Chopper

Step 1: Pre-Heat oven at 425F.
Washing & Peel Sweet Potatoes

Step 2: Using a mendoline(spk chk?) slicer, slice up your sweet potatoes. Toss sliced pieces in olive oil, black pepper, sea salt, garlic powder and onion powder

Step 3: Space the sliced sweet potatoes on an oven-safe wire rack & place wire rack on top of a large cookie sheet pan

Step 4: Place in oven for about 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye out
Step 5: Once cooked, transfer onto a trey (I used disposable aluminium trey because I am all about that easy-clean-up LIFE!)

Step 6: Layer on your toppings (I layered in this order: shreded cilantro lime chicken, corn, chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, light taco style cheese, chopped avocado). Now put it back in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. KEEP AN EYE OUT so it doesn't burn!

Step 7: Once it is done, garnish with chopped cilantro and spinach-avocado sauce and ENJOY!

Comment, Share & Tag us! @TheLipStickPantry #TheLipstickPantry

xo- nilma


No comments:

Post a Comment