Sundays are for Pancakes

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Almond Flour + Banana Pancakes 

If you flip for flapjacks and just love pancakes, you have to try these almond flour pancakes I made on a previous Sunday. They are paleo friendly for those who avoid too many grains as well as dairy-free for those who can't handle dairy.
  • 3 bananas
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup almond butter [I used peanut butter another time because I was out of almond butter and they turned out fine but with more of a "peanuty" taste]
  • 1/4 cup almond flour [I use Bob's Red Mill--found at Publix if you are living in the South or some Stop & Shop in the North as well as Fresh Market, Trader Joes, or Whole Foods. Amazon also has it if you want to order it online]*update: Aldis now has almond flour!! Woohoo! 
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • Cooking Spray 
  • Blend all ingredients [same order]. I use my magic bullet since I don't make very large batches but you can use any hand-held or regular blender. Just make sure everything is well blended. 
  • Spray cooking spray on a small-medium sized non-stick pan (or griddle) on medium. Add about 1/4 cup on to the pan, let cook on medium low for about a min (my first 2 always get really dark lol), carefullyyyyy flip quickly & cook on the other side. ENJOY. These turn out SO moist. Mmmmm. 
*These def give off a banana and almond taste but honestly, these are mine and my husband's new fav type of pancakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment