Peanut Butter + Protein FRENCH TOAST

Sunday, December 6, 2015

I have been craving some soft, warm, sweet...French Toast for weeks now! This morning, I decided to finally make some since I needed to clean out my refrigerator before going grocery shopping for the week. Instead of making regular plain ol' french toast, I decided to throw in some protein powder (so these could become my post workout friend this morning) as well as my fav...
P E A N U T B U T T E R. Say what? Yeap. :)

Below is the recipe for this goodness and SO easy and a perfect post workout snack too. 

Ingredients:
-3 slices of bread (I suggest whole wheat)--I used Sprouted Grain Ezekiel bread because that's all I had on hand
-1 egg + 2 egg whites (6 tablespoons if you are using boxed egg whites)
-1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder 
-1 tablespoon of powdered peanut butter (I used PB2) BUT I think if I had used regular peanut butter, it would have been fine..if not, better and more moist. 
-1 scoop of Whey Protein Powder (vanilla protein powder is suggested but its up to you)
-1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional only if you are NOT using vanilla flavored Whey protein powder---I used plain no flavor protein powder so that is why I added the vanilla extract)



Directions:

Step 1: Combine all the ingredients (except for the bread duh!)
Step 2: Spray either a pan or a griddle with non stick cooking spray (I just used a little bit of coconut oil) and turn on medium heat. 
Step 3: Soak each slice of bread until it is fully saturated in the mixture 
Step 4: Cook each slice of bread until lightly golden brown on each side, about 2-4 minutes (use your judgement based on how hot your pan is).
Step 5: Take off of pan and let cool for a bit. Serve with chopped bananas on top (like I did) and pure maple syrup OR even some smooth peanut butter drizzled on top (make sure to slightly warm the peanut butter in the microwave so it becomes easy to drizzle). 
Step 6: DEVOUR :) 











No comments:

Post a Comment