Paint as You Please- Artist Palette Review

Saturday, June 6, 2015
happy saturday lovelies! 

i've had a pretty eventful week (of staying in bed, lol) because i had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. it's been a pretty painful, progressive recovery but i'm so ready to eat normal food again (soon, i hope!). before the surgery, i thought to myself- a week in bed with netflix, ice cream & my blog sounds perfect, but the medications had me pretty drained and sleepy most of the time so apologies for not getting this up sooner! comment below if you have any questions! xo 

the day Anastasia Beverly Hills released the Artist Palette, I immediately purchased it. twelve, buttery, pigmented colors for $30 is a steal these days and i couldn't be happier. it has a good range of mattes, 3 shimmers and intense bold colors that make this palette beautiful to use for the summertime. i have some swatches below and even got to wear the yellow to a graduation a week ago (i was excited for that color). i never would've reached for a color that bold and bright, but its gorgeous!

overall, this palette is a big yasssssss. the packaging print and the names for each shadow are super fun, the color payoff is well worth the price and i've used it multiple times already with no dent in any of the shadows. it is limited edition & still available at all major makeup retailers (i.e: Sephora, Ulta, Macy's, Nordstrom, Dillard's, AnastasiaBeverlyHills

no primer used! just Mac Fix+ underneath 

 this is the makeup i did for a graduation dinner back about two weeks ago- of course i changed out of my dress and into my sweats as soon as i got home before deciding to take these photos for the blog, lol.

for my eyes- i used phresh as the inner corner color, blue velvet as the crease/transition color and a touch of coal as the outer edge color. the crease and outer edge color are a mix of both coal + blue velvet. 

my lipstick is a mix of MAC creamsheen 'Lickable' & Gerard Cosmetics 'All Dolled Up'

my face makeup is my usual NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, ABH contour (fawn + java), highlight is ABH (banana) and MAC's Soft & Gentle. brows- ABH dipbrow (ebony)

i haven't been using a primer lately, only finishing my makeup off with a spritz or two of MAC's Fix+  (so refreshing, w/ the southern summer heat!)






No comments:

Post a Comment