Favorite Drugstore Products

Wednesday, January 14, 2015


hi beauties! guess what day it is... hump dayyy! aka: we're almost done with the work week :). i thought i would share my favorite tried and true drugstore products that are not only an affordable option but have quality as well. from high-end to drugstore products, i've tried just about everything when it comes to beauty and skincare products. after years i finally know what products to indulge in & which products i can save $ on and get similar results to those pricey items. all the products i mention below have been used for the past 6 months (give or take) & are reoccurring purchases once i run out. (basically, i can't get enough!)


comment below & let us know what your favorite drugstore products!
-Rasmin :)


Primer: primer is an optional product that some don't believe in and others completely rave about. i'm the latter. i was actually out of this holy grail drugstore primer for about 2 weeks and without it my sometimes oily t-zone shows. after i wash my face and apply my CeraVe moisturizer, i immediately apply my Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer ($7.99) and being blending in my foundation. this primer will leave your skin unbelievably smooth and refreshed, the scent didn't bother me (its not harsh) (can be found at any drugstore)


Concealer/Highlighters: this past year i got sucked into the highlighting/contour scene and after using NARS Creamy Radiant Concealer (shade: Custard, $29), i fell in love but it can be pretty pricey to purchase every month or so and went on a hunt to find a drugstore concealer that would be similar for everyday use. ya girl found TWO. 

1. Maybelline Fit Me concealer (shade: Sand, $6.99): lasts longer than the NARS Creamy Radiant concealer and is very creamy and pigmented. The NARS and the Maybelline concealer in my shade are almost exact dupes for each other (they both blend so easily) and are perfect for any areas of the face you want to conceal or highlight. (can be found at any drugstore)

2. NYX photogenic concelar (shade: CW04, $4.99): i found this baby at Ulta and man oh, man is it pigmented. it's not as creamy as the Maybelline Fit Me concealer but its a good consistency that blends easily. If i'm going to a special event I reach for my NARS and add a little drugstore concealer whereas on routine makeup days, i reach for either my Maybelline or NYX- whichever is on hand. 

Brows: I just tried my Anastasia dip brow pomade today and I love it! I was so scared to try it because I didn't want to over do my brows (they really only need to be slightly filled in) however I still plan on using my Sonia Kashuk Brow Definer (shade: haze, $5.99) everyday & the Sonia Kashuk Brow Gel ($5.99). Both SK brow product stay on all day and the pencil has great pigmentation- perfect for those just beginning in filling in their brows! (can be found at Target or online) 



Eyes: Mascaras and eyeliners when use almost daily can run out quickly and are supposed to be thrown out after 3 months- so while i love indulging in high end products from time to time, i haven't found a product i loved except for drugstore. 

-Loreal False Fiber Lashe Waterproof Mascara ($7.19): this golden tube of blackest black mascara will seriously add length to them (esp if you curl your lashes beforehand) it's not drying or clumpy and overall a product i find myself buying over and over again for years. (can be found at ulta or any drugstore)


-Milani Eye Tech Perfection Liquid Eyeliner ($7.99): I've used inglot, MACs blacktrack (a gray gel liner compared to inglot and milani) but both kept drying out. Esp. my inglot and never had the patience of ordering gel liner online to be honest, so one day as i was moseying in CVS to pick up a waterline eyeliner (usually use Loreal) i found this milani liquid eyeliner. ohmygod you GUYS- it cuts the time it would usually take me to do a winged liner. the handle helps have control and lasts matte black for at least 6 hrs (can be found at CVS or online)


Lips: if I'm using any lipstick thats drugstore its either the Covergirl lipstick ($5.99) or the Maybelline Color Sensationals ($5.59, blushing beige is my fave). Both are creamy, pigmented and stay on your lips all day- aren't drying at all and both companies offer a broad range of color selection which is always a plus! I finally got the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cremes ($5.99) today (they were always sold out!) and as a first impression I'm liking the color payoff (will do a full review on these soon!)


Finishing Powders: I don't use finishing powders often but when i do, its my Makeup Forever HD powder or its dupe- the Sonia Kashuk Undetectable loose powder ($9.99) (target/online). I've tried both and they are very finely milled powders that don't give your face a white cast and help prevent oil throughout the day. The ELF HD powder is also a great buy but if not used lightly can leave a slight white cast; nonetheless for the price, it does the job! ($6) (Target / online)


(BEAUTY SALENYX products at Ulta! The SALE is Buy One Get One %50 off from 1/4/15 thru 1/24/15! Perfect time to try out some of these products!)

No comments:

Post a Comment