2017 Black Friday Haul/Review

Tuesday, December 12, 2017


Hey beauties! So I ran a quick poll last week on Instagram and a lot of you guys wanted to see everything I bought around Black Friday/Cyber Monday with a mini review of all the items I've tried so.... let's get started! Some of the items weren't on sale but I had a Sephora/Ulta coupon for them while other deals are no longer available. However Dose of Colors and Anastasia Beverly Hills still have the same/similar sale on some of the items I purchased! 



Anastasia Beverly Hills Mini Lipstick Set, $24: The perfect way to try a variety of Anastasia Beverly Hills matte lipstick shades without purchasing them all individually. They are matte lipsticks but somehow creamy and don't feel dry at all! I bought Peachy when they first launched in the Fall and you can see the comparison in the sizes below.




Anastasia Beverly Hills (current sale):
  • Glow kits are 2 for $40 (usually $40/each)
  • Eyeshadow Singles 2 for $12 eyeshadow singles (usually $12/each)
  • Liquid glow is 2 for $25 (usually $25/each)
  • Liquid lipsticks are 2 for $20 (usually$20/each) 
I think I mentioned this in my Black Friyay post but ABH has worthwhile holiday sales throughout the holiday season that aren't price marked up beforehand and reduced to show they're on "sale" (which trust me, many retailers do this).


Anastasia Beverly Hills Radiant Blush Kit, $30: Pigmented & shook. I don't own a lot of blushes, in fact I owned exactly 2 before this palette. A Tarte blush from my Sephora birthday gift this year and a MAC blush (crazy I know). Radiant is for fair to tan skin tones while the Gradient blush kit is for deeper skin tones. This blush quad has 4 very wearable shades of blush, all different tones that are pigmented but blend beautifully - now I swipe blush anytime I'm wearing makeup. I especially love mixing the Coastline (coral) and Breeze (satin rose) together.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Sugar Glow Kit, $40: I own the That Glow kit (I believe its discontinued now) and ABH's highlighter kits are worth it whether regular priced/on sale. They're pigmented, buildable & blend - meaning your highlight will always be on fleek as a result. From the Sugar Glow kit, I found all the shades to be wearable except for Marshmallow which is super white on my olive skin but I'm thinking to try it out on my inner corner for a pop of color. As you can see Gumdrop is a fave of mine and has pink reflects which is different for me as I usually gravitate towards gold highlighters.



Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick Set of 6, $34: This set is just a STEAL - you're getting 6 full size liquid lipsticks valued at $120 for $34 - who does that?! The set contains a variety of shades listed left to right as shown in photo: Requiem( a metallic teal), Stripped (a neutral beige nude - my fave), Currant (a brick red), Toast (muted rosewood), Dazed (redwood), American Doll (classic retro Red).
While I'd never wear Requiem, the other 5 are all very wearable. If you've never tried ABH liquid lipsticks - this is your chance to get 6 shades for an incredible price. With this kit, I now own all the ABH liquid lipsticks (because of their recent/current 2 for $20 sale). These lipsticks are pigmented, matte but not drying and last all day (even with food!) Definitely my favorite liquid lipstick formula for sure.

Dose of Colors Holibae Set, $29: The Holibae and Snuggle is Real set is still available! Dose usually prices their vegan, cruelty free matte liquid lipsticks at $18/piece however in this special holibae set you're getting 3 full sized lipsticks - all a perfect shade of red. I love Dose lipsticks but you can't eat greasy foods with them because it will transfer to your chin (speaking from experience). The whipped, creamy formula is to die for and how cute are the puns. They also have a Nude Holiday Set called Snuggle is Real (so cute!). 

Huda Beauty Mini Obsession Palettes, $27/each: Sephora had these in store and I used my VIB coupon for these but you get 9 shades in a travel size eyeshadow palette that you WILL BE obsessed with - seriously. I wish they were full size but the colors are so beautiful and blend like a dream!! I started with the Mauve Obsessions Palette and ended up ordering the Smokey (far left) & Warm Brown (middle) at Sephora online. Well worth trying if you were curious to try out her eyeshadows but didn't prefer her Desert Dusk or Rose Gold palettes.

Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Palette, $65: I saw this on Instagram pre-launch and knew I was going to buy this palette. The colors are so beautiful and after trying the mini obsession palettes I knew these would blend well and it's the perfect addition to my collection. I know the price is pretty steep but you're getting 18 eyeshadows! Desert Dusk has some stunning duo chrome shadows that are unique to anything I previously owned and you get a beautiful copper glitter with flecks of purple and gold that is perfect for the holiday season. Most palettes never include glitter so definitely appreciate Huda for that!

Loreal x Balmain Collection,          $13.99/each: Loreal and Olivier R from Balmain collab'd and I had to try these to see if they were worth the hype. Some of the colors are unique while others are staples that I have similar shades to. I picked up Domination - a true red, Fever - a warm toned orange, Wicked - a deep purple, and Urban Safari - a blush toned nude. So far I like Fever on my skin tone and feel like Urban Safari is almost too nude for my lip undertone but paired with a KKW x Kylie cream lipstick it looks beautiful.


MAC Snowball Collection Pigments, $29.50: MAC's holiday Snow Ball collection has so many beautiful items but everything I wanted was sold out at my local MAC counter (of course). But they did have these pigment kits available in pink or gold. Each individual set had 3 shadows, 2 pigments and 1 glitter in a beautiful bag that definitely caught my eye. I had always heard of MAC pigments/glitter but never got around to purchasing. I swatched both the pink set and gold set and ended up getting both! It wasn't on sale but no regrets :)


Morphe Holiday Complexion Brush Kit, $25: Morphe is already relatively inexpensive when it comes to the makeup brush market but this kit gives you 5 full sized face brushes needed for each step in a makeup routine. The set includes a flat top kabuki, tapered highlighter brush, large powder brush, angled contour, and a fan brush! The beautiful copper handles and brushes are soft and to be honest, a little denser than the normal Morphe brushes I own that are similar to the brushes in this kit. If you're looking for new makeup brushes or don't have any and want to start expanding your makeup kit - GET THIS KIT. It even comes with a case - perfect for traveling or your everyday collection - trust that you don't need any other face brush if you have this. Unfortunately Morphe did have a similar eye brush kit that had 6 brushes but it is no longer available :(.

Tatcha Bestsellers Kit, $59: My fave Youtuber, Desi Perkins, raves about Tatcha all the time and in general the reviews of this skincare line are nothing short of 4.5-5 stars. Sephora, Tatcha & JCPenny all sell this online for a limited-time only and it has a Cleansing Oil, Rice Enzyme Powder, a Water Cream, and Dewy Mist. I followed these 4-step skincare system for a few days and noticed overnight how my pores shrunk and skin looked/felt tighter. In fact, my sister even asked if I had gotten my microdermabrasion/facial I get every 2 months - which I hadn't. I already purchased a full size Water Cream jar because its so hydrating with a beautiful scent and I'm eyeing the Rice Enzyme scrub full size because it's exfoliating yet gentle on my skin.

7 comments:

  1. Check out these Revlon Rum Raisin Lipstick which is the ideal blend of high-sway shading in a super-moisturizing formula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It's on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Superb choice of colors!
    black owned beauty brands

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very nice piece of information, I have gone through whole article and get lots of information.
    High Pigment Lipstick
    private label business cosmetics
    private label makeup brands

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you are looking to produce a line of Eyeliner Company in small quantities with your name on it, you can go with a private label cosmetics manufacturer. AMZ Cosmetic Manufacturer can provide you with private label cosmetics such as lipstick, that they stock in their inventory, under your own brand name. You choose the cosmetics and shades that you are interested in along with components from the suppliers library and they will produce, fill and label your personalized looking product. info@amzcosmetic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi dear, thank you for providing such a useful information to your blog readers. Am searching for best makeup artist in hyderabad if you have any recommendations or suggestions please reply here. Am waiting for your reply.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Congratulation for the great post. Those who come to read your Information will find lots of helpful and informative tips. h2eau waters

    Boxed water,
    Carton of water,
    Artesian water,
    Spring water,
    Mineral water,

    ReplyDelete