Nutty Protein Smoothie

Friday, June 10, 2016
One of the biggest mistakes people often make during Ramadan fasting is that they lack sufficient amount of nutrients that their bodies require on a daily basis. Yes, we "feast" during Iftaar, but unfortunately, in some homes these feasts include no nutrient dense food or the daily macronutrients that help our bodies stay healthy: Carbs, Protein, & Essential Fats.
If you feel that your Ramadan lacks some healthy "pick me up's" then give this delicious nutty protein shake/smoothie a try! Since I am fasting and am not eating as many meals as I normally do to get the appropriate amount of protein in my body, I try to add this smoothie as an addition to my post-iftaar snack. It is cold, smooth, creamy & yummy.

You Will Need:
-1-1.5 Cups of (Unsweetend) Almond Milk
-1 Tablespoon of Almond Butter
-1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (for this particular smoothie, I enjoy some type of peanut butter flavored protein powder--I use Impact Whey Protein flavor "Peanut Cookie" by MyProtein. Here
-1 medium banana (sliced and frozen)
-Blender or Magic Bullet

*Put everything in your blender until smooth. Put shake in freezer for about 20 minutes or more if you want it thicker, more like a smoothie instead of a shake.

Enjoy & Ramadan Kareem from the TLP team!
xo- nilma

No comments:

Post a Comment