Dose of Colors Review!

Saturday, February 13, 2016


Colors: Desert Suede, Mood, Cork
happy saturday beauties! 

i haven't done a makeup review in forevs so i'm pretty excited to rave about this new brand i've wanted to try for awhile now. Dose of Colors started off with matte liquid lipsticks and eventually branched into lip glosses, highlighters, lashes etc. I just ordered 3 of their matte latest liquid lipsticks: Desert Suede, Cork & Mood. Desert Suede is a mauvy nude whereas Cork is a red undertone brown (so many brands are releasing browns like this lately- I can't complain because i love the color!) Mood is the perfect vampy color, I don't need to layer a lip liner or a another lipstick to get a deep maroon stain on my lips. Basically I'm in love. They are a vegan, cruelty free brand. The packaging is sleek, the colors are gorgeous (& pigmented) and more importantly, they are comfortable. I've sampled some liquid lipsticks that swatch beautifully but half an hour into wearing them- I find myself reaching for chapstick or a napkin to wipe it off because its beyond drying.  I understand "beauty is pain" but my lips feeling like a dehydrated desert- not cute. However, I barely feel these Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipsticks on my lips. They glide on easily, dry within minutes and look amazing. They retail for $18 so they're little on the high end but quality makeup is worth it (also i haven't found a low-end liquid lipstick that i've loved yet). 

I've attached some selfies of each lipstick as well as swatches so you can see how they swatch as well as how they look on my skin tone. I only need to apply one coat because like I mentioned earlier, they're pigmented and creamy however they take about a minute to dry. No lip liners were used.

p.s: I only have swatches of Desert Suede, not a selfie because the photo had poor lighting but will take one soon and update it on here so you guys can see how it looks :)

-rasmin, xo

"Cork"
"Mood" 
"Desert Suede"
(from left to right) Mood, Cork, Desert Suede
taken in natural light with no flash/edits
(from top to bottom) Desert Suede, Cork, Mood
Cork, Dose of Colors
Cork, Dose of Colors
Mood, Dose of Colors
Mood, Dose of Colors

No comments:

Post a Comment